Mooring Masters functions
1. Assist and advise Export Tanker Masters in mooring and unmooring operations.
2. Oversee Maintenance routines and replacement for export hose assembly, which will include periodic maintenance on:
- Hose and valves
- Breakaway Coupling.
- Hoses pressure / vacuum testing.
- Pickup ropes, support buoy, chains, toolbox equipment etc.
3. Maintenance, inspection and renewal of tandem hawser arrangement.
4. Oversee the loading operations onboard the Export Tankers i.e. Loading Master’s duties:
- a) Review loading plan.
- b) Ensure loading operation carried out in safe parameters as per Terminal SOP.
- c) Ensure loading operations conducted as per approved loading plan.
- d) Inspect vessels for readiness to load.
- e) Carry out terminal inspections and file ship inspection reports.
- f) Ensure necessary personnel always present at their respective stations.
- g) Report any deficiencies.
- h) Ensure proper communications in place.
- i) Keep Bridge watch and take appropriate action as conditions change.
5. Plan and execute offloading operations:
- a) Coordinate vessels traffic, specifically the vessels involved in tanker operations.
- b) Issue navigational warnings.
- c) Arrange and conduct safe and efficient personnel transfers.
- d) Review and approve FSO/FPSO discharge plan.
- e) Witness equipment tests and calibration.
- f) Inspect equipment used for oil export prior to tanker arrival.
6. Issue and sign cargo documentation on behalf of Terminal for each shipment:
- a) Bill of Lading.
- b) Certificate of Quantity.
- c) Certificate of Quality.
- d) Certificate of Origin.
- e) Cargo Manifest.
- f) Statement of Facts.
- g) Receipt for Samples.
- h) Letters of Protest.
7. Marine coordination:
- a) Co-ordination of all vessels entering, leaving or working in the Field Area.
- b) Co-ordination of all anchoring.
- c) Coordinating the movement and working schedules of supply vessels in the field, including the monitoring of weather during operations.
- d) Interfacing with offshore personnel during specialized marine activities to ensure all interested operational departments and installations are advised.
- e) Assisting in the control of marine emergencies and search and rescue operations as directed by the OIM.
- f) Coordinating anti-pollution measures when so directed by the OIM.
- g) Co-ordination of standby vessels and liaison with Masters to ensure standby vessels know what is required.
- h) Letters of Protest.
8. Conduct training of Assistant Mooring Masters in matters related to the FPSO and FSO – Export Tanker operations